2017-2018 WICT New England Open Board Positions
Chapter Members, Are you looking for a way to expand your network, build or enhance your skills and make a difference? How about joining our board of directors for the 2017 chapter year?
WICT New England is seeking members who believe in our mission and are willing to be active in their board roles. We believe that this work has never been more important than it is today. We are seeking active members in good standing whose experience and involvement in the chapter would be an asset to the organization, and we hope that you will consider becoming a nominee.
The following board roles will be available starting in January of 2017:
The Program Director leads a team that organizes programs for the membership which meet the objectives and mission of WICT as well as the needs of the chapter, members and the industry. Program Directors are also responsible for:
- Working with the Programming Chair and Executive Committee to set the annual program strategy,
- Assisting in the creation of the annual program budget.
- Working with the Chapter Treasurer to assure that financial objectives for each program are met,
- Creating, planning and the final execution of chapter programming.
- Taking the lead in setting up meetings for budgeting, staffing and follow-up for each program.
- Assisting in the preparation of post-program recaps as well as the preparation and distribution of post-event program surveys.
- Managing information provided in post-event survey reports to ensure programs are meeting members’ needs.
- Collaborating with the Communications and Marketing teams to ensure communication and feedback on programs occur on a timely basis.
The Marketing Director is part of a team that develops and maintains WICT New England’s social media sites, WICT Connects and event registration sites. Marketing Directors are also responsible for:
- Actively and consistently updates all social media sites including chapter website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts
- Maintains WICT Connects
- Works with Communications Director to ensure membership communications are prepared and delivered in a timely manner
- Oversees and maintains event registration process
- Collaborates with Programming, Mentoring and EOE Chairs to ensure communication timelines are met
- Ensures that all marketing materials are reviewed and approved by WICT National prior to release.
The Treasurer oversees all aspects of the Chapter financials including:
- Maintains the accounting and other financial records of the designated chapter.
- Works with the chapter president to implement the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Attends the WICT National Financial webinar held at the beginning of the year.
- Monitors all chapter bank accounts and finance-related accounts
- Deposits all income and writes checks in timely fashion.
- Keeps board members informed as to the chapter's financial status on a regular basis.
- As a member of the Executive Board, participates in chapter spending decisions.
- Work with the board to assure adequate resources are available to fund chapter programs.
- Participates in Executive Board meetings and/or conference calls, as necessary.
- Works with incoming president and treasurer to assure smooth transition of financial matters.
- Responsible for filing YE financial report, budget and financial summary with WICT National by stated deadline.
- Responsible for overseeing the reporting and revenue generating areas of the chapter.
- Ensures thorough understanding of 501c6 status.
WICT Connections Director
The WICT Connects Director is part of the Programming Team and contributes to organizing programs for the membership which meet the objectives and mission of WICT as well as the needs of the chapter, members and the industry. The WICT Connects Director also:
- Sets strategy, guidelines, processes and tracks progress of all standalone networking and outreach events for chapter members at the local level.
- Works with membership chair to identify and recruit new opportunities for chapter partnership and membership growth.
- Conducts open-house informational meetings or lunch and learns to generate interest in partnership and membership.
- Serves as the primary contact to other industry organizations (NAMIC, CTAM, Cable Positive etc.), as appropriate.
- Oversees the outreach calendar for the year and ensures outreach directors (if any) are properly oriented to the needs of the chapter, and have a clear understanding of budgeting, staffing and follow-up for events.
While we do ask that our board members play an active role, we pride ourselves on supporting each other as a team and believe that we offer an opportunity for our members to learn and grow with our dynamic industry. Our board meets once per month virtually and we have chapter events throughout the year we ask our board to attend as many as possible.
Board interviews will be conducted by the selection committee via phone by August 9. Final selections will be made by August 12. We make the decisions at this time so that the board members completing their terms can help transition the new board members at the end of the calendar year and we can introduce our board members at the Evening of Excellence held this year on November 10 at The Marriott Boston Long Wharf.
To submit your name for nomination and consideration, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining which role you are interested in with a note as to why you are interested in that role to Stephanie Holmes, Communications Chair at Stephanie.Holmes@espn.com by Friday, July 29 at 5:00 pm. If you have questions about the roles and responsibilities please reach out to Stephanie Holmes or me at Laura.Ausmus@disney.espn.com
Thank you for considering joining the WICT NE board.
President, WICT New England